Do you ever get the craving for those childhood meals that bring back memories of living room forts, Mario kart parties, and perfect friday evenings watching TGIF?
There is such an emotional component to food. Certain foods can trigger feelings and thoughts of warmth, comfort, home.
This meal is the adult version of a childhood memory but still creates the same feeling for me. Ready in 30 minutes, it provides the comfort with Trader Joe’s chicken tenders, while packing a nutrient dense punch with avocado, dark leafy greens, eggs, and so much more! I bet your kids would even love this meal!
Serves 4 : Protein 31 | CARB 17 | Fat 25 |
- 1 bag of frozen chicken tenders ( I use Trader Joe’s breaded chicken tenderloin , I also recommend their gluten free chicken nuggets for those that are GF or staying away from Gluten ) OR you can go with baked chicken tenderloins, no breading, just chicken, season with your favorite spices.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 10 strips bacon ( use leftovers rest of week)
- 1 -2 bag Mix lettuce ( I used romaine & a spinach kale mix)
- 1 tomato or 2 roma tomatoes ( optional)
- 1-2 avocado
- shredded cheese (optional, Trader Joe’s almond Milk cheese is a great substitute)
- Honey Mustard dressing ( We use Annie’s Lite Honey Mustard or )
- Cook Chicken according to package or bake raw chicken tenderloin @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Meanwhile hard boil your 6 eggs
- While eggs are boiling cook bacon
- While everything is cooking chop up your tomatoes & slice your avocado
- Place lettuce in large bowl
- cut up your bacon
- slice your eggs
- slice your chicken
- Arrange all ingredients on top of bed of lettuce
- sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese over everything ( optional)
- Add 2 tbsp of your favorite dressing ( Annies low fat honey mustard or greek yogurt ranch)
- Divide into 4 individual Tupperware containers for salads. Enjoy and pack the rest for lunch!